Thursday, March 28, 2013

{Do} Judge a Book By Its Cover 2 . . . The Lost Years of Merlin Book 1

Layla requested that I review The Lost Years of Merlin series on my blog. And since I've only heard of it once or twice and know basically nothing about it save the little she said, it's the perfect nominee for my {Do} Judge a Book By Its Cover series.

Here's what I see:

  • A man/boy with rather long hair in an Indian-like outfit hanging onto either a rope held in the eagle's talons, or a huge extension of the eagle's tail.
  • The man/boy is standing on what appears to be a mountain.
  • On the horizon there's more mountains.
  • The sky is fairly peaceful, though there are some smoky-colored clouds in it.
  • There's the symbol "M" in the middle of the page.
I have one little conclusion, somewhat influenced by what I heard:
  • The "M" attracts my attention almost to something ancient and powerful. 

Does this look like fun? If you want, I can make this a linkup!

Any tips on symbolism and the making of book covers? I would love to have them!

6 comments:

  1. First of all I would love if you made this a link up!!!!!! And I am so glad that you are doing this:) Thanks so much:)
    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'll be sure to get a linky widget in my next post on this series. I'm afraid it might be quite a while before I get to The Lost Years of Merlin--I'm in a "week off" from reading, and tomorrow is my first day back in a week. I'll be reading The Pickwick Papers, Some Wildflower in My Heart by Jamie Langston Turner, Get Lost by Dannah Gresh, and I also need to start on A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court ASAP, for Emily (who requested it). But I'll definitely try to find these soon--they do look and sound interesting! Thanks for requesting them and hopefully I'll be onto them soon :)

      Delete
    2. Totally fine!!!! Can't wait for the next one:)

      Delete
  2. You're doing a good job of seeing the symbols---now, I challenge you Mrs. Kruse-like to tell us what you think they mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Maybe I'll try next time . . . don't know how successful I'll be though :P

      Delete

Go 'head, leave a comment! I gladly respond to every one :)