Monday, March 23, 2015

Release Party: Hidden Pearls by Hayden Wand

Hidden Pearls
Aaaah this cover's so pretty.
The day has finally come! I've followed Hayden Wand for much of my two and a half years in the blogging world, and this week she's throwing a party to celebrate the long-awaited release of her self-published novel, Hidden Pearls. Here's a quick blurb about the book:
“For the wealthy and privileged in Regency England, life is filled with balls, beaux, and tea- and that's no exception for Constance Steele and her large, unusual family. But when an unexpected letter sends her on a voyage across the Atlantic, her experiences affect more people than she ever could have realized. From the lives of her sister Margaret and cousin Jack, to the family dynamics of the prestigious Breckenridge clan, to a band of notorious pirates, no one could have guessed how her adventure would change them all...” - Hayden Wand
Sounds fun, eh? I mean, Regency balls and pirates? That sounds pretty awesome to me. Hayden has previously compared Hidden Pearls to a would-be mashup of Pride and Prejudice and Pirates of the Caribbean, both of which I love. While I've been taught by experience to be suspicious of self-published books, Hayden is a highly talented young woman who was recently published in Anne Elisabeth Stengl's Five Enchanted Roses fairy-tale retelling collaboration, so I can't wait to read this -- and I know it's going to be good.

If you think this book sounds as fun as I do, check out the giveaway Hayden is currently hosting for a signed copy of the book as well as a handcrafted bookmark featuring sketches of the characters. Be sure to stick around for the rest of the release party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go 'head, leave a comment! I gladly respond to every one :)