Tuesday, December 29, 2015

At the Theater || 2015 Watches

Hi! I'm super excited about today's post ... mostly because I just got back from the theater and am still on the theatrical high that follows ... know what I mean? Anyway, I'll get to that later. :) Oh, and btw, none of these are listed in order of favoritism, because if that were the case the last one would be shamefully neglected. Let's just say it deserves grossing over $1 billion after a week and a half of screen time and coming close to breaking all the records in the books....

so pretty!!!! it totally looks like what cinderella's dress would be like!:

1) Cinderella

It defied my preconceived notions because...
The prevailing theme was not "someday my prince will come" but rather "have courage and be kind."
Best thing about it was...
It stayed 97.89% true to the Disney version. I made that number up.
One thing I loved about it was...
The transformation from her raggedy homemade gown to the twirliest fluffiest beautifulest of all time blue ball dress.

Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a devastating diagnosis, Alice and her family find their bonds tested. *Based on the book Still Alice.: 2) Still Alice

It defied my preconceived notions because...
Kristin Stewart was actually in a worthwhile role.
Best thing about it was...
Realistically being a total emotional roller coaster. If you don't like to pretty much sob during a movie, this is not one I recommend seeing.
One thing I loved about it was...
Julianne Moore's Oscar-nomination-worthy acting skills.

The official Avengers: Age of Ultron poster is here, and I have some questions.: 3) The Avengers: Age of Ultron

It defied my preconceived notions because...
They made Captain America swearing sound like the biggest accomplishment ever.
Best thing about it was...
Captain America is the best thing about any Marvel gig.
One thing I loved about it was...
Getting to know The Incredible Hulk more.


Minions Movie Summer 2015 OMG THEY'RE MAKING ANOTHER MOVIE GUYS ABOUT MINIONS!!!!: 4) Minions

It defied my preconceived notions because...
It didn't actually defy any preconceived notions, since I knew one of its themes would be farting.
Best thing about it was...
KING BOB!
One thing I loved about it was...
Inside Out by Andy Fairhurst http://posterposse.com/pixars-inside-out/: How cute the evil little Gru is.

5) Inside Out

It defied my preconceived notions because...
It should never have been marketed as a children's film; it is way too introspective and psychological.
Best thing about it was...
The fact that I momentarily writhed in my seat, wishing I could leave the theater, because it was like my life was being played out on screen.
One thing I loved about it was...
The cute short about the volcanoes in the previews.

panchecco:    The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2     Mockingjay Part 2: 6) Mockingjay Part 2

It defied my preconceived notions because...
THEY KILLED FINNICK! WHAT! Suzanne Collins said they weren't going to in the movie and they did :(
Best thing about it was...
It focused on Katniss and Peeta's friendship more than their physical attraction to one another. Come on, that ending was perfection.
One thing I loved about it was...
It stayed so amazingly close to the book.

Click on the link below to go to the STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS BLOG! http://starwars-theforceawakens-2015.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=5: 7) Star Wars: The Force Awakens

It defied my preconceived notions because...
This is complicated actually.
First preconceived notion: Might be good because George Lucas won't direct it, might be bad because it's now in the hands of Disney.
Second preconceived notion: Omigosh the people closest to me said it can stand with the originals...!!!!
Third notion (after I watched it the first time): Too close in storyline to A New Hope, not original enough, and one scene is highly shocking and remotely traumatic. 
Fourth notion (after I thought about it for a while): Everything that happened in the storyline makes pretty much perfect sense and the highly shocking and remotely traumatic part was just freaking incredible screenwriting.
Fifth notion (after I saw it a second time): Omigoshitsincrediblecaniseeit17moretimes but it moves WAY too fast I'm like this movie is 2 hours 20 minutes but I feel like I've only been in the theater 30 and the credits are already rolling?
Best thing about it was...
Finn, whose name is now Finley courtesy of myself. And Rey's name is Raymond. hahaha
One thing I loved about it was...
Everything, but for concision's sake Kylo Ren's first temper tantrum immediately followed by extremely calmly saying, "Anything else?" immediately followed by practically choking someone to death.
And final thoughts...
So worthy of every accolade it receives. It is a little more simple in plot style, I've noticed, like the originals--it's not like the political entanglements of the prequels. And as a film, it makes The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones look like total juvenile trash. I might say the same of Revenge of the Sith but for the fact that the last part of Episode III is very well done with the multiple lightsaber battles and the ultimate creation of Darth Vader. Still, The Force Awakens vastly rises above anything Episode III ever did, and its aura is just so reminiscent of the originals that you might be tricked into thinking you feel like your parents did when they got to see Episodes IV, V, and VI in theaters ;) Lucky them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go 'head, leave a comment! I gladly respond to every one :)