Tuesday, April 21, 2015

10 of My Favorite Authors

Though Broke and Bookish decided to list their top 10 fave YA authors, I was like . . . no. For one thing, I hardly read any YA. For another thing, the phrase “top ten” is not something I can realistically do. It would take me hours to narrow down my favorite 10 authors. Therefore, I will list some of the authors whose book(s) I enjoyed a lot.

Leo Tolstoy

THE CLASSICS, author of The Death of Ivan Ilych


Elizabeth Prentiss

THE CLASSICS, author of Stepping Heavenward


J.K. Rowling

YOUNG ADULT, author of the Harry Potter series

 

Suzanne Collins

YOUNG ADULT, author of The Hunger Games


Veronica Roth

YOUNG ADULT, author of Divergent


Ally Condie

YOUNG ADULT, author of Matched


Jack London

THE CLASSICS, author of Martin Eden


Albert Camus

THE CLASSICS, author of The Stranger


L.M. Montgomery

THE CLASSICS, author of the Anne of Green Gables series


C.S. Lewis

THE CLASSICS, author of The Chronicles of Narnia and The Screwtape Letters

11 comments:

  1. L.M. Montgomery's "Anne" film adaptations are SO good, though TBH, I don't remember if I've read the books or not. If not, I should remedy that ASAP. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those film adaptations but the books are even better! I hope if you've already read them you'll enjoy the reread, and if you haven't -- have fun! :)

      Delete
    2. If I've read them, they are indeed worth a re-read. If not, it's scandalous! What am I thinking!? ;)

      Delete
    3. Ps; I just wanted to let you know I've temporarily un-followed this blog - and why. It's because I think (somehow) a spammer has taken over your blog feed. Not sure how you fix that, but it shows up as spam in my dashboard and since I had this trouble last week, I have figured out how to find the "spam blog," but not how a blogger fixes it. Not cool, spammers!

      Delete
    4. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for telling me! I'll have to research how to change it. How on earth would that have happened? Ugh. I'll definitely try to fix it, but I appreciate your loyalty Rissi :)

      Delete
    5. I hope you can/did find out how to fix it, Hannah. I'm now nervous this is a "thing" because it happened twice in a row on my dashboard. *sigh* As if spammers weren't already trouble enough.

      Delete
    6. Oh gosh, I forgot to research it! I need to do that.

      Delete
  2. I don't read a whole bunch of YA either, I like to branch out a lot. I love this list. You included some of my favorite authors on here which made me very happy. Elizabeth Prentiss, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, L. M. Montgomery, C.S. Lewis <3 you have great taste in authors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Hannah :) I think it's good to have variety in our literary choices -- it broadens the mind, that's for sure!

      Delete

Go 'head, leave a comment! I gladly respond to every one :)