Tuesday, April 28, 2015

6 of My Favorite INFJ Characters

This week's topic is “Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who____________ (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.)” (Broke and Bookish). Since I love introverts -- I am one -- I first thought I'd feature characters who were introverted. Then I thought that would probably span a galaxy's length of characters. I'm taking it a few steps further and trying to narrow down ten INFJ characters -- an MBTI personality type well known for introspection and sensitivity to feelings. Of course I can't be perfectly sure these characters are INFJs, but if they're not they're pretty similar.

Four/Tobias Eaton

of Veronica Roth's “Divergent” trilogy


Ky Markham

of Ally Condie's “Matched” trilogy


Martin Eden

of Jack London's “Martin Eden”


Jane Eyre

of Charlotte Bronte's “Jane Eyre”


Emil Sinclair

of Hermann Hesse's “Demian”


Hamlet

of William Shakespeare's “Hamlet, Prince of Denmark”


So I could only find six. And all but one were male. Ha. That's really not what I expected at all. 

Who are some of your favorite characters?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Four is totally an INFJ! No wonder I liked him so much. :) And I do like Jack London, so I may have to check out this "Martin Eden" some time. Great idea for a "top ten" character list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? INFJs are some of the most likable and sympathetic characters in my opinion. I personally am an ISFJ, but those can come across a little flat in literature I think -- well, excepting Samwise Gamgee, of course!

      Delete
  2. I've only heard of Four on this list, but it's a great idea for a topic, really unique.
    Check out my TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/top-ten-tuesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four is an epically awesome character. I loved him in the film a.) because he's cool and b.) he and Tris' relationship wasn't all angsty like so many in YA are. Fun picks, Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed :) I love him. I don't like Tris much, but Four is pretty darned cool.

      Delete
  4. Aw, I love Emil Sinclair! That book is a great read. What type do you suppose would fit for Max Demian? He struck me as more of an INTJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I've read the book, but yeah, I can definitely see Demian as an ENTJ or INTJ -- INTJ probably more likely. In the literature class in which I read this, an interpretation of Demian was that he was (very similar to) the Holy Spirit. Most see the Holy Spirit as the visionary part of the Trinity, which would mean Demian might be a -P instead of a -J, but to be honest I always just thought he was a projection of Emil's subconscious, perhaps coming off as more reasonable than Emil because Emil needed grounding. If that's the case, it makes sense Demian would be an INTJ: I think the subdominant personality of an INFJ is often the INTJ.

      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
    2. New theory: WHAT IF THE ENTIRETY OF DEMIAN TOOK PLACE IN A DREAM WORLD LIKE INCEPTION

      Delete

Go 'head, leave a comment! I gladly respond to every one :)